Friday, April 18, 2008

I really just had to share this...

You know how I mentioned that every subway station in Tokyo has its own little tune that it plays as trains arrive or depart? Well, I just found a website that lists information on many of the subway lines and stations in Tokyo. Among the information listed is the "departing melody" for each stop, that plays as trains pull away from the station. It even tells you which specific variation of the melody is played at which train track. You can click on the provided links and listen to recordings of many of them.

For example, here's the link that goes to the song that plays at Musashi Koganei, the stop where I live:

Official Subway Song of Musashi Koganei

Now you know what I listen to EVERY day. Please go to the actual site and enjoy the many varied subway songs of life in Tokyo:

Listen to more Train ditties!

(Click on the track numbers next to the words "departing melody").

1 comment:

Volare said...

Sakura, sakura, ya yo ye wo so wa rah. Ee wah tah su sha gee ri...Thats how I remember it, but wikipedia says "sakura sakura
yayoi no sora wa
mi-watasu kagiri"

I had to learn it in high school for my exchange program. Thought you'd like that.